Your family is the most important people in your life. Break-in can happen in your neighborhood anytime. Keeping your family safe is your prime concern as a parent. How do you protect your home (modern living room) and your family?
Oftentimes, burglary happens because house owners have been neglectful in doing basic safety measures. To avoid being victims of neighborhood theft, security systems can be installed in your house. Technology has improved nowadays as various home security companies come up with better products from alarm system to security cameras. Sales from home security systems increase by about 20% each year.
Better safe than sorry. Because your family’s safety comes first, you must make sure your home is burglar-proof.
The following ideas can help you increase your home’s security.
1. Invest in a good burglar alarm system not only because it deters burglars but primarily because it is connected to the police station and you can get help immediately.
2. Install deadbolt locks and sure that anyone trying to break-in will have a really tough time.
3. Have a peephole or wide-angled door viewer to know who’s knocking on your front door.
4. Set up a motion-detector spotlights or flood lights, or floor lamp to scare off any intruder.
5. Reflective numbers will make it easier for the police to find your location in case there’s a burglar in your house
6. Secure your windows using polycarbonate & Plexiglas windows for better protection.
8. Use door jammers or other door-blocking devices to secure doors in your house (kitchen modern design)
9. Put strong window locks especially in the basement and first level windows; use simper double deadbolt locks in upper levels.
10. Use strong metal bars on sliding doors to secure them.
11. Change existing door hinges with interior type of hinges.
12. Be sure to change all locks when you moved in a new house.
13. Put outside lighting in the entrance of your house and in your garage.
14. Gravel driveway can be a good deterrent to burglars; you can detect their presence with their footsteps.
15. Ensure that wirings for the alarm system are concealed so burglars can’t cut them off.
16. It is equally important to install basement security systems.
17. If you live in warm climate, plant thorny bushes where burglars can’t hide when they watch your house.
18. Put deterrent decals in your gate like “Beware of Dogs” or “Security Cameras Installed”.
When you leave for work and your kids go to school, your house is an easy target for burglars.
Do not let this happen by keeping in my mind the following tips to protect your home and properties.
23. Lock your door house always even if you’re just going on a quick errand.
24. Remember what moms tell us when we were kids: never talk to strangers and don’t let them in your house.
25. Do not leave a spare key in the mailbox, under the mat or under the pots because burglars know those spots to search for.
26. Clear the bushes or shrubs in your yard to avoid burglars hiding behind them.
27. Always close your garage.
28. Pull down your curtains or blinds so valuable properties inside are not visible to anyone.
29. Get a safety box to store your expensive jewelry and important documents.
30. Engrave your name on your belongings so thieves will be discouraged to steal them.
31. Lighted house are seldom targeted by burglars so replace burned out lights immediately especially outside lighting.
32. Keep expensive items away from the window view especially when you will be away for several days.
33. Always pick your mails or newspapers; heap of mails in your box signals that no one is in your house.
34. If you live in cold climate, shovel the snow in the sidewalks you’re your garage so that burglars will know your house is occupied.
Security cameras are always very useful when monitoring your home while you’re away. However, having your friendly neighbors around can also be a big help. Security systems are a big help but your neighbors can immediately act to protect your home and properties from burglary.
You can also make use of some mobile phone applications and technology to increase your home’s security.
Some common sense may help a lot to avoid any burglary. Here’s are a few tips to remember:
35. Request your relative or neighbor to pick up your mails or newspapers.
36. Having a car parked in front of your house can discourage any break-in. Your neighbor can do that while you’re away on a holiday or business trip.
37. If anything suspicious is happening, ask your neighbor to immediately call the police.
38. Increase your home’s security by having automatic timers to turn the lights on and off in your house.
39. Set your phone ringer to the lowest when you’re going away. Continuous ringing will signal burglars that the house is not occupied.
40. Never leave a note that you are not home.
41. Cancel any deliveries such as milk or newspapers.
42. Do not tell the world your whereabouts by not posting in your social media accounts.
Seniors living alone are easy preys to burglars. They need to be protected from such crime that can sometimes put their lives at greater risks.
If you have senior parents or relatives, make sure they are protected by implementing these helpful tips:
43. Install solid wood or metal door to make sure outside access is avoided.
44. Protect the windows by using security film or Plexiglas in the interior to avoid burglars from breaking the glass.
45. Aside from the peephole, seniors are advised to always carry their phones to call for help in case of strangers knocking at the front door.
46. Keep the gate locked all the time. Ask relative or friends to call the senior’s phone number if they want to enter his/her house.
47. Provide family members with duplicate of the key; never put it under the door mat.
48. Think about getting a senior emergency alert security system for immediate help.
49. When the senior is away, neighbors or relatives can pick up the mails, newspapers and packages for her. This will not give burglars an idea for a chance to break-in.
Securing your home can be reinforced by purchasing security systems available in the market. Some are inexpensive; others are costly. If your budget can’t afford security cameras and alarms, simple tricks like having the right materials for your windows and front doors can save the day. You don’t really need all the new technology to guard your family and home.
Finally, you can get all your neighbors to act against burglary.
50. Participate in a neighborhood watch group so that your home and property are protected against any crime in the same way that you look after your neighbors’ safety, too.
Be the first to write a comment
January 21, 2022
كيف يمكن لجزيرة المطبخ أن ترتقي بمستوى طبخك
How a Kitchen Island Can Level Up Your Cooking Game
3 Tips To Perfectly Decorate Your Bedroom
© Casadar 2022. All Rights Reserved.
All images are copyright to their respective owners.
Or sign in with
Not a member? Sign Up
Already a member? Sign In
Access to your plans and personal design quickly and easily.
Choose a few interests to finish registration
Services Provided & Provided Areas Served
Home Design & Remodelling